Project Management Professional (PMP)® • A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
Accelerated PMP® Exam Prep Course (4 days)
|Type: Certification Exam Prep||Duration: 4 Days – 8:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Audience: PMs||Contact Hours/PDUs: 40|
|Public or Private: Both||
- Course Policies
- Course Guarantee
- Onsite & Corporate Training
- International Training Providers
- Refer a Friend to an RMC Course
- View All Instructor-Led Courses
This intensive 4-day, directed study course is designed to prepare you for the PMP exam in a fun and effective manner—with a minimum amount of studying after class! In addition to unique games and activities, there are exercises and techniques designed specifically to increase both learning and knowledge retention, giving students not only the knowledge they need to quickly prepare for the exam, but also to become a better project manager—without rote memorization.
Materials utilized in this class include Rita's complete PMP Exam Prep System, plus other materials not available to the general public. Students are allowed to keep the PMP Exam Prep System ($399 value) for free upon completion of the course.
This course is offered in both public and onsite versions. If interested in hosting an onsite course, please click here to read more about our onsite courses and complete a request form.
This class requires the student to bring a laptop computer.
Note: Students must meet all class prerequisites prior to enrolling.
Why Take This Course?
Let's get right to the point. Imagine what the class designed by Rita Mulcahy, PMP, one of the world's experts on the PMP® exam, might be like. Why should you take our Accelerated prep class?
Here are 7 reasons:
- Whereas others spend days walking you through the inputs and outputs of the PMBOK® Guide, we will show you how to understand them in only minutes. Then watch how you immediately get 80 to 100 percent of sample questions right.
- You will take computerized exam simulations in class, so you will know if you are ready to sit for the exam—and you will have evidence to prove it.
- You will utilize the best-selling materials available to pass the PMP® exam—including Rita's book, PMP® Exam Prep. You will also gain access to study materials not otherwise available to the general public.
- You will learn topics that are on the exam but are NOT in the PMBOK® Guide, as well as, reasons why others fail the exam and how to avoid these critical mistakes.
- You will learn to be a better project manager in the process of studying for the exam.
- You will understand how to analyze and answer the most difficult questions on the exam, and quickly tackle situational questions that seemingly have more than one correct answer.
- You will discover what you know, as well as what you do NOT know, and receive help filling your knowledge gaps.
And if none of these are intriguing to you, how about this one—we'll give you your very own good luck charm!
What to Do Before This Course
- Read through Class Prerequisites and make sure that this is the right course for you.
- Complete or mostly complete your exam application. The best way to prepare and submit your application is to do so online at PMI's website.
- Review your basic project management training materials. If you have not had a basic course in project management that you were satisfied with or if you do not know the items in the prerequisites section, take RMC's PM Tricks of the Trade® course first, in either classroom or live online format.
- Complete the Mandatory JumpStart Work on the Topics of Procurement, Network Diagrams, Process Charts, and Other Topics. RMC is excited to offer a free website with this class, offering 4 to 8 extra hours of material to help those who wish to get a jump start on their learning. This program includes additional mandatory work, and reviewing this material prior to class will be a BIG HELP in making sure you are not left behind during class. After completing this work, students are encouraged to bring any questions they may have to class.
If you do not receive your link and login to the JumpStart Work within two weeks of the class start, contact Customer Service directly at (952) 846-4484.
What to Bring to This Course
Below is a list of items that students are responsible for bringing to class:
- PMBOK® Guide
- A Laptop Computer for PMP® Exam Simulations – to work with our PMP® exam simulation software, PM FASTrack®, during class. The laptop will need a Windows operating system, and you will need administrative rights to install software on the machine prior to class. RMC will have an extremely limited number of computers available during class, but you MUST reserve them in advance.
- Any or All of the Following (your choice):
- Post-It® Notes
- A sweater (even in the summer)
- Comfortable clothes
Course materials will include Rita Mulcahy's PMP® Exam Prep book, PM FASTrack® exam simulation software, and our Hot Topics Flashcards, plus additional materials not available to the public. The book includes hundreds of pages of detailed review materials including coverage of material not in the PMBOK® Guide, sample exams, exercises and activities.
Note: These materials are included as part of the course, but students who already own any or all of them may receive dollar-for-dollar credit on their course registrations if they purchased the product(s) from RMC. If the products were purchased through another channel, students will be asked to provide receipts or other proof of purchase.
What to Expect During Class
This course is scheduled from 8am to 6pm each day. Do NOT plan on being able to leave the room, return phone calls, check email messages or perform any non PMP prep-related activities during these hours. There will be homework each night—but on the bright side, you should NOT expect forced changes to your lifestyle such as diet and exercise mandates, or boredom of any kind. Expect to work individually and in groups, to work with games and exercises, and to participate to the fullest. Have fun, learn, and know that you are going to pass the exam!
This is an intensive exam preparation course, so students should not expect the class to end early. Classes that are scheduled to end at 5pm or 6pm typically end promptly at that time, and students who leave early will miss important exam-related information, and could risk losing all earned Contact Hours.
Please Note: As with any other long duration prep classes, students are effectively paying for study time that they could otherwise perform on their own. For a more cost-effective alternative to passing the PMP Exam that requires some self-study after class, please review our 2-Day PMP® Exam Prep Course. The fee for the 2-day course is $1,100, and students receive Rita's entire PMP® Exam Prep system (a $399 value) as part of the course for take-home study.
Course Learning Objectives
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify gaps in your knowledge that may hurt you on the exam
- Be more comfortable with the types of questions you will see on the exam
- Use tips to pass the exam that have been used successfully by thousands of people
- Utilize your personalized test taking strategy
- Apply project management techniques useful in the real world
- Be a better project manager