PMP Combo: PM Tricks of the Trade® + 2-Day PMP® Exam Prep
|Type: Certification Exam Prep||Duration: 5 Days – 8:00 am to 4/5:00 pm|
|Audience: PMs||Contact Hours/PDUs: 37|
|Public or Private: Both||
- Course Policies
- Course Guarantee
- Onsite & Corporate Training
- International Training Providers
- Refer a Friend to an RMC Course
- View All Instructor-Led Courses
This combination course is specifically designed for project managers who need exam preparation training AND a refresher on project management fundamentals. It entails five consecutive days of training and two exceptional courses.
On Monday through Wednesday, students will participate in RMC's Project Management Tricks of the Trade® course, designed to assist the student in understanding and applying the International Standards for project management on real-world projects. On Thursday and Friday, the training shifts specifically to the PMP® exam itself, where students will receive 16 hours of intensive and highly-focused exam preparation training.
Due to the length of this course, it is only offered publicly in major metro areas. If you are interested in bringing this course to your location, please click here to read more about our onsite courses.
- There will be ½ hour of homework each night.
- Combo attendees must bring their PMBOK® Guide to the first day of the combo course.
- Please review course details for both the PMP® Exam Prep Course and the Project Management Tricks of the Trade® course so you are prepared before class begins. There is pre-work to be completed before you arrive.
- If you are staying in a hotel for this course, you might also consider bringing a laptop or tablet computer if you would like to begin working in the evenings with PM FASTrack®, RMC's PMP® exam simulation software.
- You will get a chance to form study groups with other attendees.
- Extra time will be spent in class covering situations commonly described on the PMP® exam.
- It is RMC's objective to have you dramatically decrease your study time for the PMP® exam by taking this additional class, yet this is a learning class, not just a class to memorize facts for the exam. How much you can decrease study time will depend on you. Past participants who have been using project management in the real-world have needed to study only 8 hours after this combo course.
- It is common for people to take the two components of the combo course at different times. This is a good way to take it a little slower and save some brain power. If you choose to do this, please register for both classes at the same time and let us know your intent to split your courses so that we can have materials for you. You should be prepared to participate in the extra activities.
This combo course entails 37 hours of training over the course of five consecutive days.
This is an intensive exam preparation course, so students should not expect the class to end early. Classes that are scheduled to end at 5pm or 6pm typically end promptly at that time, and students who leave early will miss important exam-related information, and could risk losing all earned Contact Hours.
Why Take This Course?
- You Need It!
Over two-thirds of students who have taken the PMP® Exam Prep course wish they had taken this class but did not know they needed it. And most of the students that have taken other project management courses realized they could have used a comprehensive, basic course.
- Passing Rate
This class will give you all of the Fundamentals of PM knowledge that you need to increase your chances passing the PMP® exam!
- Study time needed
It is expected that the Combination Course will decrease your study time by at least 10 hours. However, the real reason to take this course is to increase your understanding of PMI® terminology and application in the real world.
- Get your hours
Get the 35 hours of project management training needed to take the Project Management Institute's PMP® Exam.