Project Management Professional (PMP)® • A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
PMP® Exam Prep Course (2 days)
|Type: Certification Exam Prep||Duration: 2 Days – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm|
|Audience: PMs||Contact Hours/PDUs: 16|
|Public or Private: Both||
- Course Policies
- Course Guarantee
- Onsite & Corporate Training
- International Training Providers
- Refer a Friend to an RMC Course
- View All Instructor-Led Courses
Pass the Exam on Your First Try! Read Our Course Guarantee
This accelerated learning course is designed to help you prepare for the PMP Exam—and gain the most understanding of project management with the least amount of study. Developed by Rita Mulcahy, this course is designed to decrease your after-class study time from hundreds of hours to less than 40.
Unique features of this course include games, exercises, case studies and other tools to help you understand—NOT MEMORIZE—the concepts necessary to pass the PMP exam. This course includes Rita's entire PMP Exam Prep System (a $399 value) for free as part of the course materials.
If RMC's constant innovation is not enough, students in this class have averaged higher-than-passing scores on an RMC exam simulation immediately after class—BEFORE the recent upgrades!
This course is offered in both public and onsite versions. If interested in hosting an onsite course, please click here to read more about our onsite courses and complete a request form.
Unique features of this course include games, contests, case studies, exercises and other tools to help you understand—not memorize—the material. This course will also assist you in finding and documenting the gaps in your knowledge, so you can leave the class knowing exactly what you know, and exactly what you need to work on prior to sitting for the exam.
By the end of this course you will:
- Be sooooo close to passing the exam!
- Decrease your study time to between 8 to 40 hours (this is 150 to 300 hours less than what is required by other courses).
- Have the latest information from over 14 years of experience helping thousands of project managers pass the exam.
- Have focused training on areas where students have the most difficulty with the current exam.
- Be "prepped" to take the exam - this is a prep course and a review course.
- Know the secrets to taking and passing the exam.
- Have a personalized study plan.
- Have received four times more information than available in many other prep courses.
- Have had individual attention.
- Have learned what you do not know.
- Have insider tips.
This course entails 16 hours of training over the course of two consecutive 8-hour days.
This is an intensive exam preparation course, so students should not expect the class to end early. Classes that are scheduled to end at 5pm or 6pm typically end promptly at that time, and students who leave early will miss important exam-related information, and could risk losing all earned Contact Hours.
Why Take This Course?
Our goal is for you to pass the PMP® exam on your first try! Read Our Course Guarantee
- Study Time
Only 40 hours of study or less needed after this course. That is 70% less study than is usually necessary with other courses. Become a PMP® in one week!
Students recently scored an incredible average 83.25% on a sample PMP® exam after taking this course, before they even began studying.
- Materials and Extras
RMC Learning Solutions (formerly RMC Project Management) offers students a comprehensive system of products as part of their classroom training registration. These materials include the best-selling book PMP® Exam Prep by Rita Mulcahy, PM FASTrack® Exam Simulation Software, and Hot Topics flashcards (audio CD version). Also included in this course are materials not available to the general public.
Note: these materials are included as part of the course, and you will NOT receive a discount on your course registration if you already own any or all of them.
This course uses accelerated learning techniques. Expert project managers who are also expert trainers teach our courses! We hear, "This was the best class I have EVER attended on ANY topic!"
RMC is not a newcomer to PMP® exam prep training. We have helped thousands of people get ready for the exam over the last 14 years.
- PMI® Registered Provider
RMC is a Registered Education Provider with PMI. Many PMI® chapters who want expert instruction and the best material have also selected this course. You can't get any better than that!
What to Do Before This Course
- Consider taking RMC's PM Tricks of the Trade® Course – An astounding 74 to 81% of those students who take our exam prep courses wish they had taken our Project Management Tricks of the Trade® course. If you cannot take that course we recommend that you refresh your memory about project management before this course by reviewing any course materials you may have. You may not know that there are things that you do not know!
- Submit your application to PMI to take the exam – By the time this course is finished you will be eager to take the exam as soon as possible. We therefore strongly suggest that you complete or at least begin your online application to take the exam before you take this course. The best way to prepare and submit your application is to do so online by going to the PMI® website. Then when you have completed studying after the course you will be ready to pass the exam. Remember that you can begin your application now and finish it later.
- Complete the Mandatory JumpStart Work on the Topic of Procurement. RMC is excited to offer a free website with this class, offering up to two extra hours of material to help those who wish to get a jump start on their learning. This program includes additional mandatory work on the topic of Procurement. Reviewing this material prior to class will be a BIG HELP in making sure you are not left behind during class. After completing the Procurement work, students are encouraged to bring any questions they may have to class.
- Approximately 30% of our PMP prep students do not have the proper training in project management fundamentals, and require additional training prior to sitting for the PMP exam. If you believe you fall into this category, Click Here to review your options.
If you do not receive your link and login to the JumpStart Procurement Work within two weeks of the class start,
contact Customer Service directly at (952) 846-4484.
What to Bring to This Course
- PMBOK® Guide
- If you are staying in a hotel for this course, you might also consider bringing a laptop computer if you would like to begin working in the evenings with PM FASTrack®, our PMP® exam simulation software. This is optional.
Course materials will include Rita Mulcahy's PMP® Exam Prep book, PM FASTrack® exam simulation software, and our Hot Topics Flashcards, plus additional materials not available to the public. The book includes hundreds of pages of detailed review materials including coverage of material not in the PMBOK® Guide, sample exams, exercises and activities.
Note: These materials are included as part of the course, but students who already own any or all of them may receive dollar-for-dollar credit on their course registrations if they purchased the product(s) from RMC. If the products were purchased through another channel, students will be asked to provide receipts or other proof of purchase.
- Why is taking the exam important?
- Overview of the exam:
- How to study and create a study plan
- Tricks for memorizing formulas
- Tricks to help you understand how the PMP® questions are written
- Tricks for shortening your study time
- Tricks for taking the exam
- Tricks for finding holes in your project management knowledge
- Reasons people fail the exam and how to make sure you do not do the same
- Exercises to help you understand, memorize and conceptualize the information you need to know, right in class, including those dreaded formulas
- Understanding PMI® -isms
- Detailed coverage of:
- The process of project management
- The framework of project management
- Integration management
- Scope management
- Time management
- Cost management
- Quality management
- Human resources management
- Communications management
- Risk management
- Procurement management
- Professional responsibilities