Business Analysis Fundamentals eLearning Course
Lessons and Learning Objectives
Whether or not your title is "Business Analyst", business analysis work is expected from project managers, quality assurance professionals, and pretty much everyone in the organization. It is a complex and broad discipline! This self-paced e-Learning course outlines the critical tasks that are included in the business analysis profession, along with definitions and examples of the various requirements types. You will also be introduced to key analysis techniques for eliciting, analyzing and presenting requirements and have a chance to practice using some of these techniques.
Course Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe and give examples of different types of requirements
- Better understand how to elicit, analyze and document the scope of a solution
- Describe the difference between project work and Enterprise Analysis
- Define the major tasks included in business analysis work
- Better understand how to plan business analysis work based on the characteristics of the project
- Identify key analysis techniques and know where to use them
- Business Analysis as a Discipline
- Overview of Business Analysis Tasks
- Four Key Concepts in Business Analysis
- Stakeholder Analysis and Communications
- Building and Maintaining Stakeholder Relationships
- Techniques for Eliciting Requirements
- Techniques for Developing Detailed Questions for Stakeholders
- Requirements Note Taking and Presentation Skills
- The Value of Consensus Building
- Project Work
- Techniques to Define Solution Scope
- Planning Business Analysis Work
- Analyzing and Managing Requirements
- Data Analysis
- Process Analysis
- Business Rule Analysis
- The Role of the BA in Solution Design
- Analyzing Solution Interfaces
- Solution Verification and Validation
- Implementing the Solution
- Enterprise Analysis
- Using Business Models to Understand the Business
- Assessing True Business Risks and Needs
- Drafting a Strong Business Case
- Identifying and Recommending Projects
- The Importance of Supporting the Enterprise Architecture
- Measuring and Improving BA Performance
- Requirements Review
- Categorizing Requirements
- Business and Stakeholder Requirements
- Functional and Non-Functional Requirements
- Transition Requirements
- Requirements Asset Management
- Categorizing Requirements
- Cross-platform compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher, or any version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.
- Requires a device (computer or tablet—6 inch screen minimum) connected to the Internet.
- Broadband Internet recommended.
- Pop-ups should be allowed.
- This course will use data if viewed in a mobile environment.
TECHNOLOGY UPDATE: Please note that RMC is in the process of updating all eLearning courses from an Adobe Flash platform to an HTML5 platform. Courses that have not yet been converted will have a technical specification that differs from the one above. Click here for more information.