Business Analysis: A Critical Role on Projects eLearning Course
The disciplines of project management and business analysis are closely tied together, with some organizations combining the two roles, and others delineating them and assigning different individuals to each. To be effective in either role, professionals must have a clear understanding of both the work involved AND their personal abilities. This 4-hour course will define the two disciplines, as well as give students the opportunity to assess their personal skills as they relate to each role. The course will also offer specific suggestions for building strong PM / BA partnerships, and outline solutions for managing work when one person is assigned to perform both roles. Challenges and issues covered in this e-Learning course include:
- Key skills of a Project Manager versus a Business Analyst
- Are you a Project Manager, Business Analyst, or both?
- The Business Analyst / Project Manager partnership
- Separating the PM and BA roles in the real world
- The difference between product scope and project scope
- Distinguishing project risk from business risk
- Challenges faced when performing both roles
Whether you are a project manager or business analyst—or both—this course will increase the value you bring to your organization!
This 4-hour course focuses on getting project managers to understand the difference between project management and business analysis, build strong project management/business analysis partnerships, and perform both roles when necessary to do so.
- A 6-section interactive tutorial
- 10 interactive learning-based exercises
- A comprehensive document library
- A course blog for sharing ideas with other students
- 60+ audio and video narrations
- Creation of a PM / BA 'Action Plan'
- 4 Hours toward earning PMI® or IIBA® certifications, or 4 PDUs/CDUs toward retaining PMI® or IIBA® certifications
Check or Purchase Order Also Accepted