Managing Quality on Projects: A 7-Step Guide eLearning Course
Lessons and Learning Objectives
Online Course Overview
This course offers students a step-by-step process for implementing quality management, and students will learn real-world quality management skills that can significantly improve their current projects. Using concepts found in International standards as a jumping-off point, the course explores how to make a case for quality to key stakeholders, how to plan quality on projects, and how to perform quality assurance and quality control. Students will also learn to use common quality tools, techniques, and documents that can help them on real-world projects as soon as the course is completed.
Online Course Features
This comprehensive course includes:
- A 7-section interactive tutorial
- Over 40 interactions and interactive exercises
- 60+ audio and video narrations
- A downloadable Action Plan
- A course blog for sharing ideas with other students
- 8 Hours toward earning a CAPM® or PMP® certification, or 8 Hours toward retaining one!
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define and execute the major tasks in the project quality management process
- Understand how to use project quality management tools and techniques in the real world
- Apply project quality management concepts, tools, and techniques to improve the results of existing projects
- Identify and avoid common pitfalls and mistakes with project quality
- Create valuable resources like a quality management plan, quality metrics, quality checklists, and a process improvement plan
Detailed Course Outline
- Lesson 1: Course Introduction
- Welcome to the Course
- Learning Objectives
- The Seven Steps
- Your Course Notebook
- Lesson 2: Quality Management Overview
- Fundamental Questions
- Quality Definitions
- Project and Quality Management Integration
- PMBOK® Guide Knowledge Areas and Process Groups
- Overview of Quality Management Processes
- Case Study 1
- Lesson 3: Making a Case for Quality
- Step 1: Justify Cost of Quality
- Quick Guide: Cost of Quality
- Cost of Quality Targets
- 1:10:100 Rule
- Step 2: Undertake Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Lesson 4: Plan Quality Management Process
- Plan Quality Management Process
- Plan Quality Management Inputs
- Standards, Regulations, and Policies
- Plan Quality Management Outputs
- Quality Management Plan
- Step 3: Plan Quality Management Activities
- Step 4: Plan Quality Management Deliverables
- Step 5: Map Quality Planning Outputs
- Lesson 5: Perform Quality Assurance Process
- Step 6: Perform Quality Assurance
- Perform Quality Assurance Inputs
- Perform Quality Assurance Tools and Techniques
- Perform Quality Assurance Outputs
- Lesson 6: Control Quality Process
- Step 7: Control Quality
- Control Quality Inputs
- Control Quality Tools and Techniques
- Control Quality Outputs
- Lesson 7: Wrap-up
- Review Exercise: Seven Steps Word Jumble
- Review Exercise: Quality Management Processes
- Exercise: Action Plan
- Cross-platform compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher, or any version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.
- Requires a device (computer or tablet—6 inch screen minimum) connected to the Internet.
- Broadband Internet recommended.
- Pop-ups should be allowed.
- This course will use data if viewed in a mobile environment.
TECHNOLOGY UPDATE: Please note that RMC is in the process of updating all eLearning courses from an Adobe Flash platform to an HTML5 platform. Courses that have not yet been converted will have a technical specification that differs from the one above. Click here for more information.