Project Communication and Stakeholder Engagement eLearning Course
Lessons and Learning Objectives
Online Course Overview
Did you know that communication is reported to be the number one problem on projects? Is stakeholder engagement a weak area in your otherwise strong project performance?
Formerly titled "Improving Project Communication," this eLearning course has been expanded to take you beyond the components of communications management and stakeholder engagement by providing real-world solutions that can be applied to all projects.
The course is designed for new or experienced project managers, business analysts, and other project team members, who have struggled with project communications and have had difficulties keeping stakeholders engaged. It will teach you how to identify all of your stakeholders AND introduce new ways to help you uncover their requirements, expectations, and communications needs by using globally relevant experiences and thought-provoking exercises. You'll also learn practical and simple-to-implement methods for communications planning and be led step-by-step through the barriers impeding effective communication. Learn to adjust your approach to meet the needs of the team and project, as well as manage stakeholder expectations to prevent communication problems before they start!
Online Course Features
This updated online course offers:
- 15 short, interactive lessons
- 192 pages of online content designed with a modern look and feel
- More than 2 hours of enthusiastic audio narration
- Convenient mobility that allows you to begin the course on one device and continue it on another
- A 33-page companion workbook that can be used after the course as a reference document
- Lesson summaries and reinforcement exercises
- Unlimited 24/7 access!
- Scenario-based exercises that build based on your answers
- 8 Contact Hours toward a CAPM® or PMP® certification, or 8 PDUs toward retaining a PMP® or PgMP®
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Draft a comprehensive communications management plan that can be referred to often throughout your project to enhance stakeholder engagement
- Identify and define different methods to find those stakeholders you've been missing
- Select from a library of techniques to elicit stakeholder needs and requirements
- Plan ahead for common communication barriers that undermine the success of a project
- Customize stakeholder register and stakeholder engagement plan templates to meet the current needs of your projects
- Analyze and classify your project stakeholders to streamline your communications and keep them engaged at the same time
- Never send a poorly written email or facilitate a boring meeting again!
The course is organized into the following sections:
- Key concepts
- The communications management plan
- Identify stakeholders
- Analyze stakeholders
- Determine stakeholder requirements
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Communication types and methods
- Effective meetings
- Effective listening
- Business writing
- Project reporting
- Apply what you learned
- Cross-platform compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher, or any version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.
- Requires a device (computer or tablet—6 inch screen minimum) connected to the Internet.
- Broadband Internet recommended.
- Pop-ups should be allowed.
- This course will use data if viewed in a mobile environment.
TECHNOLOGY UPDATE: Please note that RMC is in the process of updating all eLearning courses from an Adobe Flash platform to an HTML5 platform. Courses that have not yet been converted will have a technical specification that differs from the one above. Click here for more information.