Nicki Kons, PMP, PMI-RMP, MBA
Instructor and PM Trainer
Earned Value Management: From Concept to Implementation—Instructor-Led Virtual
Delivered by Nicki Kons, PMP, PMI-RMP, MBA
|Time:||9am to 4pm CST|
RMC Learning Solutions (formerly RMC Project Management) is now delivering its most popular project management, business analysis and agile training classes in a live and virtual format! Using one of the top online learning facilitation tools in the world, students will experience true, classroom-style learning in front of their own computer. In addition to world-class instruction from experienced instructors, our Instructor-Led Virtual classes will feature live chat, white boards, breakout rooms, file sharing, testing/quizzing, and dozens of other learning-based features.
Does it seem like those practicing Earned Value Management have their own language to communicate information? Earned Value Management (EVM) is a reliable, proven methodology for project management planning and control used by many organizations—and you can learn to use it too! Due to universal acceptance of EVM, there are many best practices available for those who are just starting out, and those more experienced and looking to improve their skills. This course will provide value to both groups.
In this course you will learn EVM terminology, as well as the logic that supports it. This course will focus on best practices for getting the right data, using the data to forecast, and projecting what the next steps of a project will look like. Throughout the course, students will utilize a case study to simulate EVM, from planning to forecasting.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the logic behind Earned Value Management and why it works
- Utilize Earned Value Management terminology and "language"
- Leverage Earned Value Management data and metrics
- Use EVM data for forecasting the project end date and cost
- What is Earned Value Management?
- Initial Requirements for an Earned Value Management System
- The Earned Value of EVM
- Types of Projects and Organizations that Use EVM
- Creating a Performance Measurement Baseline
- Calculating Indexes and Variances
- Reporting and Calculating EV
- Using Data in EVM
- Analyzing Periodical Data and Cumulative Data
- Forecasting Using EVM
- The 3 Main EAC Formulas
- Other Formulas Commonly Used in EVM
- The Earned Schedule vs. Earned Value
- Does EVM Clash with Agile?
- Conclusion and Wrap Up