Project Management Professional (PMP)® • A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
Instructor for Next Scheduled Course:
Jean McKay, PMP, MSCIS
Faculty Instructor and PM Trainer
PMP® Exam Prep—Instructor-Led Virtual
Participate From Anywhere, 18 Contact Hours
|Hours:||18 Contact Hours|
|Time:||1st Day: 9am to 4pm CST
2nd Day: 9am to 4pm CST
3rd Day: 9am to 4pm CST
RMC Learning Solutions (formerly RMC Project Management) is now delivering its most popular project management, business analysis and agile training classes in a live and virtual format! Using one of the top online learning facilitation tools in the world, students will experience true, classroom-style learning in front of their own computer. In addition to world-class instruction from experienced instructors, our Instructor-Led Virtual classes will feature live chat, white boards, breakout rooms, file sharing, testing/quizzing, and dozens of other learning-based features.
Pass the Exam on Your First Try! Read Our Course Guarantee
This accelerated learning course is designed to help you prepare for PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP®) Exam—and gain the most understanding of project management with the least amount of study. Developed by Rita Mulcahy, this course is designed to decrease your after-class study time to less than 40 hours.
Unique features of this course include games, exercises and other tools to help you understand—NOT JUST MEMORIZE—the concepts necessary to pass the PMP® exam. This course includes our entire PMP® Exam Prep System (the PMP® exam prep book, exam simulator and flashcards—a $399 value) for FREE as part of the course materials*, as well as 18 Contact Hours toward the 35 Contact Hour exam requirement.
* Students who are shipped class materials to Canada will be charged an additional $25 shipping fee. Students who are shipped class materials to all other non US countries will be charged an additional $50 shipping fee.
At the conclusion of this course, students will:
- Understand the knowledge and experience requirements for passing the PMP® certification exam
- Know where their "gaps" in PM knowledge and experience are
- Possess a Personalized Study Plan for preparing for the PMP® certification exam
- Be prepared to handle the most difficult exam questions—including "wordy" questions, questions with formulas, and questions with more than one correct answer
- Reduce their after-class study time in preparing for the exam to less than 40 hours
This is an intensive exam preparation course, so students MUST arrive on time, and expect to participate throughout the entire course. Students who arrive late or leave early will miss important exam-related information, and could risk losing all earned Contact Hours.
PMBOK® Guide Reminder: Attendees of this Live Online Class MUST have a hard copy of the latest PMBOK® Guide during class. If students do not have one, this standard may be purchased directly from RMC, or from the PMI® Bookstore.
- Why is taking the exam important?
- Overview of the exam:
- How to study and create a study plan
- Tricks for memorizing formulas
- Tricks to help you understand how the PMP® questions are written
- Tricks for shortening your study time
- Tricks for taking the exam
- Tricks for finding holes in your project management knowledge
- Reasons people fail the exam and how to make sure you do not do the same
- Exercises to help you understand, memorize and conceptualize the information you need to know, right in class, including those dreaded formulas
- Understanding PMI® -isms
- Detailed coverage of:
- The process of project management
- The framework of project management
- Integration management
- Scope management
- Time management
- Cost management
- Quality management
- Human resources management
- Communications management
- Risk management
- Procurement management
- Stakeholder management
- Professional responsibilities