PMI-ACP, PMP, CPLP, PMI-PBA
Instructor and PM Trainer
Program Management Fundamentals—Instructor-Led Virtual
Margo Kirwin PMI-ACP, PMP, CPLP, PMI-PBA
|Time:||1st Day: 9am to 4pm CST
2nd Day: 9am to 4pm CST
RMC Learning Solutions (formerly RMC Project Management) is now delivering its most popular project management, business analysis and agile training classes in a live and virtual format! Using one of the top online learning facilitation tools in the world, students will experience true, classroom-style learning in front of their own computer. In addition to world-class instruction from experienced instructors, our Instructor-Led Virtual classes will feature live chat, white boards, breakout rooms, file sharing, testing/quizzing, and dozens of other learning-based features.
Have you been asked to run an existing program and are looking for better tools and processes? Are you kicking off a new program but don't know where to start? Do you know how to optimally organize multiple projects to help achieve strategic objectives? This newly released course from RMC is designed for new and existing Program Managers looking to improve their knowledge of Program Management, and ensure their chances of executing successful programs.
Using a hands-on approach, participants will explore the Program Management process from beginning to end, and examine the leadership role of the Program Manager. Students will focus on building their technical program management skills by learning which tools and techniques to use throughout the Program Management life cycle to deliver the planned organizational benefits. The differences between the project manager and program manager role, as well as the differences between project management and program management in general, will be outlined in detail—as well as how they interrelate.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define and compare project, program and portfolio management, and explain how they interrelate.
- Demonstrate proficiency of the Program Management Life Cycle, from beginning to end.
- Properly utilize key Program Management terms and concepts.
- Avoid common Program Management errors.
- Recognize which Program Management tools and techniques are used to maximize benefits for the organization.
- Monitor and manage project and program status as it relates to delivering strategic benefits.
- Draft program goals and objectives and align them with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Create and use a Program Mandate, Charter and Roadmap to help meet expected benefits.
- Analyze whether or not component projects are on track to achieve the Program's expected benefits.
- Increase the chances of success for all programs they manage.
Program Management Fundamentals Overview
- What are the differences between projects and programs, project management and program management, and the roles of a project manager and a program manager?
- What is the Program Management Life Cycle?
- What are strategic benefits? How do they align with your organization's Mission, Vision and Values?
- What communication strategies are required to align program objectives with organizational strategy?
- What is Program Governance?
- What tools are required to effectively manage your program?
- How do you create and use a PWBS (Program Work Breakdown Structure)?
- What are Program risks and what to do about them?
- How do you manage the procurement needs of multiple projects under one program?