PMP, CBAP, PMI-PBA
Instructor and PM Trainer
Project Estimating: How to Bullet Proof Your Project Plan—Instructor-Led Virtual
Delivered by Elaine Marans, PMP, CBAP, PMI-PBA
|Time:||9am to 4pm CST|
RMC Learning Solutions (formerly RMC Project Management) is now delivering its most popular project management, business analysis and agile training classes in a live and virtual format! Using one of the top online learning facilitation tools in the world, students will experience true, classroom-style learning in front of their own computer. In addition to world-class instruction from experienced instructors, our Instructor-Led Virtual classes will feature live chat, white boards, breakout rooms, file sharing, testing/quizzing, and dozens of other learning-based features.
As a project manager, are you good at predicting how long a project will take and how much it will cost? Do you use proven techniques to create accurate and defensible estimates for project effort and duration? Do stakeholders listen to—and trust—your project plans and timelines? If not, this new and innovative Live Online course from RMC will help you understand why project estimating mistakes occur as well as how to avoid them, and will present real-world estimating strategies that you can implement IMMEDIATELY on your current project.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create accurate and defensible project estimates for time and cost
- Break down WBS elements into corresponding activities that reflect work needed on projects
- Utilize estimating techniques for given activities that accurately predict effort and duration
- Overcome the challenges of communicating estimates to stakeholders
- Employ real-world solutions for avoiding common estimating problems
- Estimating Challenges
- The Estimating Environment
- Defining Project Priorities
- The Roles of the PM in Estimating
- The Top-down versus Bottom-up Dilemma
- Communication Challenges
- Preparing to Estimate
- Understanding What is Estimating
- What Are We Estimating?
- What Should Be Done First?
- Agreeing on Terms with Sponsor/Customer
- Estimating Through the Project Life Cycle
- ROM Estimating
- Planning: Why Do It?
- Plan-driven vs. Iterative Dilemma
- How Accurate Must Your Estimates Be?
- The Process Chart: Planning Steps to Estimating
- Conclusion and Wrapup